Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bad start

to yet another busy day!

We had a staff meeting this morning at 8:00 (we're supposed to be at school by 7:45).  I was supposed to talk about our Celebration of 101 years of learning in our small part of the world.  Yeah... I showed up about 5 after 8 with a hole in my shirt and no breakfast.  I totally lost my composure after the meeting.  I just cannot seem to keep my life pulled together these days.  Luckily I have the best most compassionate co-workers.  They talked me down off a ledge and fed me breakfast.  I'm forever grateful!

I'm so thankful for a three day weekend and a half day tomorrow.  If I had less things on my plate I'd love to run away somewhere, but I just can't.  I want to curl up and pretend I don't have one million things to get done.

Anyway I did manage to get  close to everything on my to do list accomplished and done well might I add.  Also, I've sat on the couch since I got home at 6.  I think I'll go to bed early.

John's at the school board meeting and that might never get over.  I'm sure there were or will yet be some explosive fireworks, I know a lot of community members were upset by a board member moving 1 of her 3 kids across state lines to attend school. Should be interesting to hear about!  Its meetings like these when I'm thankful I have my doctors orders to fall back on... "no unnecessary stressful situations".

***Update: Apparently my fellow upset community members kept to themselves this evening.  No one said a thing in the 3 hours John was at the meeting.  Its so interesting the things people won't say to someone's face but have no problem complaining about otherwise.  (I'm this way too with certain people about certain things, I have to be in order to keep my job!)

No comments: