Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving On

Well tomorrow we head to Salt Lake to meet with the RE that did my laparoscopy 9 years ago. Back then in my post-op I was told the best thing to help with my endo was to get pregnant seeing as then I was 18 and unmarried it wasn't really a feasible option... so hopefully, he can help us begin in our venture now. I don't know that we'll stick with him being that SLC is 5 hours away from us. However, it seemed like a good place to start because hopefully we can get some things out of the way and get the insurance to pay for them seeing as he's not at an "infertility" clinic. Plus stepping into the unknown is a scary place and knowing this RE and liking him makes it seem not quite so bad. So with that said... the whistle's blowing and this train we're on is on, full steam ahead.

Thursday, June 23, 2011


6 months
1 abnormal and excruciatingly painful HSG $150
23 chiropractor appointments FREE (remind me to tell you that story if I haven't already. MOST AMAZING PEOPLE EVER!)
5 rounds of Clo.mid=35 pills $100 (2 rounds 50 mg 3 rounds 100mg)
2 rounds of Prov.era (back to back)=20 pills $40
30 ovulation predictor sticks peed on only 1 smiley face (and yeah... totally skipped testing one cycle and half of another...) $60
4 negative pregnancy tests (all in a span of 2 weeks) $30
2 doctors appointments
Countless missed phone calls and hours playing phone tag
and more emotional roller coasters

Tomorrow is the day... I knew it was coming to this, we probably would've been smarter to have taken the referral 6 months ago... but tomorrow is the day we get a referral to a specialist. We haven't decided where we'll go yet. Maybe north to Salt Lake City (5 hours away) where I had my first lap 9 years ago, or possibly Vegas (2 hours) it is after all the closest...or we've talked about staying in state and going to Phoenix (7 hours) and using doctors we've met at RESOLVE functions, or even going to LA (6 hours) where at the Southwest Family Building Conference hosted by resolve we totally made light of our situation. I'm so torn. I have no idea what decision we'll actually make. I'm beginning to think that its just not worth it. It might not work anyway, we don't have the money to move forward wherever we go. But we have to... we have to keep going. I have to keep going. I have to know once and for all what it will take, if its even humanly possible for my body to do what it's supposed to. If its capable, and what all is actually wrong with me.

I'm thankful tomorrow is finally here... now hopefully I won't leave you all hanging for another 6 months! Thanks for sticking around. Thanks for still being supportive even though I'm a lame blogger.