Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trying Again

Well, after almost 6 years of trying to maintain the Endo, being diagnosed with PCOS and trying to maintain that, being scared, being scarred, and finally coming to terms with and accepting the fact that children may never be a part of our family; we're trying again!!

To be honest, we're not really sure how we ended up here, but we feel really good about it, whatever the outcome may be. John's decided he's doing this because he wants definitive answers. I of course am WAY more hopeful and optimistic that the end result of all of this may be what we've been waiting for.

Here's a little back story as to what's been going on and lead us to now.

We discussed trying again at length before my yearly appointment, but never came to a decision, it just didn't feel right, either way. While at that appointment, at the end of October, I asked a couple of questions about what trying again would look like (since there's no RE's for at least 100 miles) but nothing concrete. She put me on some meds to help me loose weight and said that have to be monitored every month. Also on the way out she mentioned that because of some things I said, I should probably have my thyroid checked.

So for the last month, I've been taking my new meds and having all of the lovely side effects mentioned in the information packet. Including having rare, but extreme, dizzy spells. So as we neared the follow up appointment I asked John to come with me since I knew the thyroid test would = blood drawn. (Drawing blood ALWAYS makes me super dizzy and I wanted to make it back home in 1 piece) So, last Monday, I shoved all my students on their buses and told John to "Fly like the wind, Bullseye!" as we raced to make it to the appointment on time. (for the record we were 5 minutes late, and I did call and tell them, they laughed at me!)

When we got in the room and started discussing my current meds, side effects, how it's working, and all of a sudden we were talking about how aggressive (aka some sort of progesterone supplement and clomid) we wanted to start out. I don't even remember who asked first or how it came up. We had not planned any of it, and somehow we walked out of the office with 4 different prescriptions and 3 different orders for tests.


So I have 3 BC pills left and then, off we go!

22 comments:

Chelle said...

Good luck as you jump back onto this roller coaster ride. Remember to always have hope.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news ! So what is the game plan, what are the rx's for ?

Thinking of you !

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm here from the ICLW list. Good luck to you!

Patience said...

Good luck as you jump back on the treatment path.

ICLW

Jes G said...

Hi! Stopping by for ICLW... Best of luck to you as you begin treatments! :D

Ashley said...

That's exciting news! Hopefully those BCPs will be thrown out forever! Good luck with all of the new meds!

Anonymous said...

Here from IComLeavWe. Yay! That's very exciting news. It might be worth driving out to see the RE at least for a consult? Since its their job to get you pregnant they might have a slightly different perspective than your Gyn. Keep us updated, I'll be reading to see how it goes :)

Ashlee G. said...

Stopping by from ICLW.

Best of luck to you on this new road! I hope it brings lots of exciting news!

ICLW #22

I'm just a girl said...

It's always exciting to be actually trying. What will you be doing? IUI, IVF?

Lou said...

Here via ICLW (#102). Lots and lots of luck to you with this! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hopefully all the treatments will work...

Angie said...

Sometimes, it is easiest to jump in with both feet and go for it! Good luck!

ICLW

Di said...

Here for ICLW - wishing you lots of luck in starting the journey again! Sometimes just jumping back into something without over thinking it is the best way to go!

Dana said...

I don't think miracles and luck have much to do with each other... and since I'd much prefer to give all the credit to God, I will again wish you lots of miracles. You deserve all the best God has to give dear sister! Loves loves loves!!!

P.S. Thanks for calling me so I didn't find out about this through blogging. :) haha You're the best!

Gretchen said...

You and John are in my thoughts and prayers as you begin this adventure. I'm so glad to hear that you and John are on the same page about this because that will make it so much easier.

Lee Family said...

Oh Erika, I love you! I am so proud of you for braving this. I won't even pretend to know what, or how you're feeling right now, or in the months to come, but just know I am here for you; and if you don't want me there for you, I'm ok with that too. It's about you right now and what you and John need. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything and thanks for sharing what's going on. :)

LisaB said...

Lots of luck!!
Happy ICLW!

R said...

Wow! That's exciting! Good Luck!

ICLW

My Endo Journey said...

Fingers crossed your way!!!!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a whirlwind of decision-making....exciting at that. Much much luck to you in this journey....may a miracle be waiting for you at the end.

ICLW #185

Stephanie said...

Stopping over from ICLW. I'm sure the decision to start up treatment again was not an easy one. I wish you the best of luck this time around!

ICLW #37

MoonNStarMommy said...

That is how I started out.... after 5 years of fighting and fighting ... finally I found an RE who said, "ya know what, we're gonna get you pregnant" ... and I walked out with Clomid. 3 months later, I was pregnant ... but suffering as many miscarriages as I did, I ended up on Progesterone for my last to pregnancies to STAY pregnant because I've had 14 miscarriages now. GOOD LUCK I hope it all works out WONDERFULLY for you! ICLW