Friday, April 23, 2010

NIAW and ICLW

WOW, could there be anything better than this? I think not!

Every 21-28th of each month is ICLW or comment leaving week (click on the icon on the side to learn the history and read others participating!) So this weekend I'm going to try and get all of my commenting in (or at least caught up) I did make a good effort tonight and made up for a couple of missed days already!

This week April 24th-May 1st is National Infertility Awareness Week. Please check out Resolve to see what you can do to help. The page I linked is for "family and friends" of people dealing with infertility. There is some amazingly wonderful stuff on these pages. Resolve is a fantastic organization. This week my tweets, facebook, blogs, and anything else I do will be with NIAW in mind.

I've recently been making my surroundings aware of my infertility. It's been interesting to say the very least. I'm not a liar, so when people ask me questions they get an honest answer. So I've never really hid infertility, but I did flat out tell my whole Sunday School class that I teach a couple weeks ago. This of course has brought EVERYONE and their DOGS out with their advice and 2 sense. I know they're trying to help, I know they mean well... but do you think it would be rude if I printed off the pages from Resolve and passed them out on Sunday?

Anyway, we're still applying for jobs. Really just 1 in particular, that is in a place with no state mandated IF coverage, but is an excellent opportunity for growth and learning for me as a teacher. Some of the others are ridiculously long and John doesn't feel good about moving there, so I'm not wasting my time... (NJ asked for me to set aside 4 hours for the next step in the application... this after the hours I've already put into it.) I guess we'll see what happens. May 18th is a big deal for me here in AZ. Let's hope voters use good judgement unlike our Governor today...

8 comments:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Hey here from ICLW!
I really admire your honesty in being upfront about your IF battle. I really hate it when everyone and their dog decides to give you their advice & stories though. It is frustrating hearing all the ridiculous platitudes, isn't it? Thanks for visiting my blog!

Fran said...

Hi! Here from ICLW, hope everything works out on all fronts and you have been really brave with coming out of the infertility closet. Much love, Fran

ICLW #71

KC said...

I am the same way about my infertility. If it comes up I am very honest. I teach grade 7 and have told my student's about my surgeries and my endometriosis. The kids are really supportive and it keeps them from asking me on a daily basis when I am going to start a family.
Stay strong!!
Check out my blog at kcoryfertility.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Good luck with the Job search, I hope that you get the job you want. I admire your openness about infertility, although all of the advice, comments, etc. are probably not your favorite result. All the same, it's amazing that you're so open.
ICLW

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll find a great job with IF insurance coverage soon!

Anonymous said...

uuugh! i'm sure you're getting some interesting comments, but hopefully some really uplifting and encouraging ones, too. i'm the same way-i've never hidden behind the infertility and i answer questions very openly. i like to think it's a great way to educate people and i feel pretty proud to have worn the badge after all that j and i have made it through.

wishing you all the best in the job search!!!

Krissi McVicker said...

So brave and wonderful to spread the word around! Good luck! I hope you get much support in return. Happy ICLW!

Stefanie Wolfaardt said...

Hope everything works out well.

~Stopping by for ICLW #126