My "here's what I really think of you" announcement to:
- the parents of children on the news everyday that are traded for drugs, left to wander 2 blocks in the middle of the night, or left in dumpsters.
- the parents of children who feel entitled to EVERYTHING, think they're above everyone else, and think the rules don't apply to them.
- Especially parents who NEVER tell their children NO or stand by while their child is blatantly rude, dishonest, hurtful, or mean and don't do anything.
- Also, to those parents who are NOT appreciative of the blessing ALL children are, along with the RESPONSIBILITY they have to care for and raise them WELL.
I'm sick of it.
I'm sick of pretending I don't hate your guts for your lack of parentin, and how it is affecting your child/children.
I'm sick of hearing about you on the news, Oprah shows, and on the internet.
I'm sick of the hatred I feel for you EVERY time I see or hear of you neglecting your child who needs you more than your socialization, your job, your drug addiction, or your other children.
- I hate that you expect others to do for your child what YOU should have been doing all along but haven't.
- I hate even more, your fury, when the others don't do it "RIGHT".
- I hate that you think you're the victim.
- I hate that you think it's everyone else's fault.
- I hate that I still HAVE to be kind and considerate, and that by voicing my opinion of you, I'M the bad guy.
- I hate that because I don't have any children, my opinion of any of these types of situations doesn't matter because "I don't know".
- I hate being in a public setting, seeing you, being annoyed because I feel I should keep an eye out for your child because I know you won't be paying attention.
- I hate that you judge me because I don't have children and you don't know anything about me, or care to find out.
- I hate that you tell me how lucky I am because I'm not tied down with children.
- I hate that I KNOW I could do a better job, but will probably never get the chance.
- Most of all, I hate myself for my thoughts and feelings towards you. I know being a parent is hard. I know you want what's best for your child, even if YOU cannot provide that (for whatever reason that I don't know and even if I did, I couldn't/wouldn't understand).
Wow... I have some issues! But I feel SO much better after writing that!
*****If this offends you, I'm sorry. I know many of my thought processes are not in the "norm" especially for those of you that read this with children, and even more so if INFERTILITY has NEVER applied to you. A lot of things have happened in my life that is causing me to finally admit my deepest darkest feelings.
*****I'm not calling ANYONE a bad parent. I know parenting is hard, and if I ever get the chance I won't be perfect at it so, I'm sorry if this makes you feel that way.
*****I am voicing my opinions and feelings. You're welcome to disagree, but not to tell me how I feel is wrong.